Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Bakers of Pikeville, Pa & Lockport,Nova Scotia

Phebe called me from Nova Scotia this AM planning to settle on a house by the sea in a sleepy little town. Sooo border crossings in our future. I'll pick her up in K town Monday . Without Phebe in my grill, I was adrift,almost as much as the inside cat when she wanted in at 2am the last two mornings. Did a little mowing,planning to exercise the knees in the pool,walking with difficulty, in the midst of a series of shots of "syn/gin? that are supposed to provide lubrication in the aching joints;we will see. Today the Belmont. I'll go to the watering hole for lunch,then bet the race at OTB,come home mow more,into the pool and then we'll see. May go to a conservative evangelical church tomorrow, a day of testimony from new members. An old ball player working his way out of trouble has got me into reading and thinking about the big G or G _ _ess. I miss her(not the Goddess,the reflection of her in Phebe) so I guess I love her or at least am not whole without her.Exchanged phone messages with the local married kids. Hope they get back to me.

MP sez that Heidegger talking about how one evaluates the writing of a thinker of substance that it is difficult for one to measure the work because there is much more there than what is apparent.."The richer is that which through this work and through it alone, comes towards as never yet thought of ." MP goes on to talk about about husserl who at the end of his life ,according to MP, had an unthought of element in his works which is wholly his and yet opens out on something else...I gotta chew on this for a little while.

1 comment:

Angel said...

What is Nova Scotia like? Maybe I can go with you one time. Cold? Wet? That's the image that comes to mind, why?